33. Institute of Applied Manpower Research, "Manpower Requirements of
the Family Planning Programme." I.A.M.R. Working Paper No. 1/1968. New Delhi, March 1968.
34. Mauldin, Parket, et al., "Retention of lUD's: An International Compari-
son." Studies in Family Planning, April 1967. p. 1.
35. Jones, Gavin, and Parker Mauldin, "Use of Oral Contraceptives with
Special Reference to Developing Countries, Studies in Family Planning, December 1967. p. 1.
36. Chang, M. C., T. H. Liu, and L. P. Chow, "Study by Matching of the
Demographic Impact of an IUD Program: A Preliminary Report," Mil-bank Memorial Fund Quarterly, April 1969.
37. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, "Report on
an Evaluation of the Family Planning Programme of the Government of Pakistan." U.N. Report No. TAO/PAK/28, April 7, 1969. p. 127.
38. Bumpass, Larry, and Charles F. Westoff, "The Perfect Contraceptive Pop-
ulation: Extent and Implications of Unwanted Fertility," Science, 1970 (in press).
39. Government of Pakistan, Central Statistical Office, "Alternative Popula-
tion Projections of Pakistan." DDS/2/66 May 1966. Islamabad, Assumption I: Table 22 and Assumption III: Table 24.
40. Shorter, Frederick C., "Population Projections for 1965-2000." Unpub-
41. Government of Pakistan Planning Commission, Outline of the Third Five
Year Plan. Karachi, 1965.
42. Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry State Planning Organization, Second
Five Year Plan, 1968-72. Ankara, 1969.
43. Ceylon, Ministry of Planning and Economic Affairs, Report on Man-
power Resources, 1966-1971. Colombo, Ceylon, p. 40.
44. Kenya, Ministry of Finance, Development Plan, 1964-1970. Nairobi,
1964. p. 107.
45. Federation of Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Economic Development, Na-
tional Development Plan 1962-1968. Lagos, n.d. p. 37.
46. Thailand, National Economic Development Board, Second National
Economic and Social Development Plan, 1967-1971. Bangkok, p. 182.
47. Tyrrell Burgess, Richard Layar, and Pitawban Pant, Manpower and Ed-
ucational Development in India 1961-86. Edinburgh: Oliver and Boyd, 1968.
48. Government of India, Planning Commission, Perspectives on Planning-
Long-Term Perspectives. New Delhi, p. 6.ch. Paris, 1969.